Arfan Bhatti is a Disability Qualified Tribunal Member in the Social Security Chamber and is a qualified Solicitor experienced in Private Client, Social Welfare Law, Public Law, Property Litigation (including Landlord and Tenant) and Public Inquiries.
Arfan is currently working on a number of Legal Aid, CFA and Private cases including:
- Representing Core Participants in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
He is one of the lead Solicitors for the Bereaved Survivors and Residents who have been affected by the Grenfell Tower Fire.
- Trecarrel House Limited v Rouncefield
This case had its judgement handed down recently in the Court of Appeal. It was looking to clarify if Gas Safety Certificates can be served late without invalidating a s21 notice. Permission to Appeal further is currently being sought.
You can see some more of Arfan’s Recent and Notable cases here
Arfan’s current work focuses on:
- Public Inquiries;
- Judicial Reviews;
- Homelessness Part VII Housing Act 1996 and Part 2 Housing (Wales) Act 2014;
- Statutory Reviews and Appeals (Housing);
- Property Litigation (including complex disrepair).
- Defending Claims for Possession in the County Court (s21, s8, ASB, Succession);
- Neighbour and Boundary disputes;
- Unlawful eviction and harrasment;
- s13 rent increase appeals;
- Rent Repayment Orders;
- TOLATA cases;
- Challenging and bringing restriction applications at the land registry;
- Regulatory advice;